Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 3.0
There are two key breakthroughs you’ll immediately appreciate if you’re looking for a job:
- Instant proof and buy-in for our marketing-based methods
- The Force Multiplier Effect
1) Instant proof and buy-in for our marketing-based methods
As you will soon recognize, every job search is a sales and marketing campaign lead by you – the job hunter!
A successful job hunter identifies prospective companies; contacts them by phone, mail and/or email; and meets in person to convince them to make a job offer. This is no different than what anyone in sales does to get new clients — job hunting is sales and marketing.
Yet, the vast majority of job-search books are written by people with NO background in sales or marketing — academics, human resource professionals and career coaches.
By contrast, Jay and David have forgotten more about sales and marketing than most job search “experts” will ever learn. This is not to brag — being tops at sales and marketing in the career space is like being the tallest midget in the sideshow.
Yet, they do stand out, with sales and marketing backgrounds unlike any other writing team in the career space today, and that will help you write a brilliant cover letter to go with your resume..
David started a successful recruiting practice by making up to 150 cold calls per day, telephoning busy executives and handling rejection after rejection. David’s ability to sell by phone was perfected after a years-long baptism by fire and has helped him negotiate more than $200 million in salaries since 1986 – that represents more than 1000 recruiting projects.
And Jay is the father of Guerrilla Marketing, which is the best-selling marketing series in history.
The marketing-based job-search tips will be immediately proven to you. As a result, you’ll be motivated to immediately take action and you’ll see immediate results in your cover letter response.
For example, when you discover that all sales letters have a P.S. at the end because advertising copywriters know the P.S. always gets read, you can prove this for yourself simply by opening your junk mail. This results in an immediate “Ah-ha!” moment, and as a result, immediate buy-in for our methods, which show job hunters how to include a P.S. in your cover letters for the same reason. NO OTHER job-search book teaches this “P.S.” technique for cover letters (and David has been teaching job hunters this since the late 90’s).
Similarly, when you learn that all successful TV infomercials include testimonials because marketers know a testimonial from an average person is 10 times more believable than any claim a company makes, you can prove this for yourself simply by turning on your TV. Again, this produces an immediate “Ah-ha!” and buy-in for our methods, which show job hunters how to insert quotes — written testimonials — from past managers into their résumé and of course on their social media profiles. NO OTHER job-search book teaches this “testimonial” technique for résumés. It’s been proven to be effective thousands of times by readers of the 1st and 2nd editions of GM4JH (even LinkedIn copied us).
When you realize that recruiters read the recommendations posted in LinkedIn.com profiles as a way to scout passive candidates, you need only visit LinkedIn to prove this for yourself. This produces an immediate “Ah-ha!” and buy-in for our suggestion that you should post recommendations for others in LinkedIn for two reasons:
- to ingratiate yourself with people you are connected with; and
- to get your name in front of more recruiters.
NO OTHER job-search book teaches that recommendations you post on LinkedIn can entice recruiters to read your profile and call you. And of course there’s more to LinkedIn success than this and we cover it all – in fact the 1st edition of Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters selected LinkedIn as the social networking site with the most potential — back in 2004!
2) The Force Multiplier Effect
In Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 2.0 :1001 Unconventional Tips, Tricks, and Tactics for Landing Your Dream Job, job hunters were introduced to the Force Multiplier Effect, the military discipline of creating multiple avenues of penetration at the same time. In the modern-day military, it’s a proven process of dominating the enemy to win.
Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 3.0 is designed to help job hunters organize and launch their own Force Multiplier Effect. It explains in step-by-step detail how to use the newest social networking sites and digital tools to perform a precession-guided job search and all-out job hunting assault on a targeted list of ideal employers. Edition 3 in fact is 60% net new information based on the feedback from job hunters who bought the first two books and the newest techniques used by recruiters and employers.
Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 3.0 comes with digital access to worksheets and exercises which make it drop-dead simple for you to find a job fast. There are detailed before-and-after sample resumes and cover letters and a litany of proven ideas which allow you to tailor the strategies and tactics to your individual situation. Included forms cover pre-interview research, cover letter construction, keyword populating, action verbs, resumes, as well as a daily planning log and a scorecard to track progress and keep you motivated. In Chapter 11 we detail a dozen marketing campaigns which explain how to best combine tactics and weapons in a coordinated and planned manner, depending on whether you’re employed or unemployed and what salary you’re at.
The main authors are David Perry, a top headhunter, speaker and coauthor of Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters and Jay Conrad Levinson, author of more than two dozen books on marketing. As was the case in the 1st edition each chapter features expert advice from guest experts.
There are also links to free software and other special offers from LinkedIn, ZoomInfo.com, and JibberJobber.com, all designed to accelerate your finding a job fast.
It also includes:
- War Stories: anecdotes from job-hunters who used guerrilla marketing techniques to land your dream job;
- Guerrilla Tactics: tips and tricks from experienced headhunters;
- Drills: simulation exercises to stimulate out-of-the-box thinking; and
- Guerrilla Wisdom: vignettes by prominent bloggers designed to motivate and reinforce your resolve.
In short, Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters 3.0 explains how to take full advantage of strategies and job-hunting techniques that are not available as free information on the internet and were previously only known by a handful of insiders:
- Leverage Facebook, LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, Twitter, Google, and other social networking sites, to take advantage of “the secret lives of top recruiters”;
- Build a specialized resume that’s easy to read, speaks the language of employers, proves every claim and gets your cover letter read and actioned.
- Target a job that plays to your strengths and abilities — a job you would do for free, if you weren’t getting paid!;
- Design launch and execute a multimodal job hunting campaign based on the same success principles used by General Norman Schwarzkopf in Operation Desert Storm;
- Understand how to articulate your unique strengths in resumes, cover letters, email and interviews (while avoiding the typical “resume speak” or “interview babble” that causes hiring managers to guffaw);
- Learn how to present your skills in creative new ways that stand out in today’s hyper-competitive job market (we demonstrate that if Paris Hilton can get work despite having no known employable skills, you can, too);
- Employ little-known search engine optimization tricks used by top headhunters (who have to make placements or starve) – there’s an entire chapter on ‘Digital Breadcrumbs’; and
- Zero in on the best jobs fast at the highest salary because you’ll know exactly what employers value most (this transforms you from “unwanted pest” to “desired guest” in the minds of employers) and want to see in your cover letter and resume.
Employers will literally be begging to hire you because the book will:
- Guide you through a simple method to pick your most marketable skills, in 30 seconds or less (as a result, every resume, cover letter and conversation you will take on a crystal clarity and will cut through the clutter in any job market);
- Lead you through the tricky process of crafting a resume that connects directly with their ideal employer (based on 100 years of principles used in advertising copy-writing);
- Build a LinkedIn, Facebook and ZoomInfo profile that gets found and read, and makes the phone ring;
- Lay out 12 successful action plans based on whether you are employed or unemployed, have executive, non-executive or hourly jobs (all scenarios are covered this way, and you is disappointed);
- Teach readers how to use innovations like Google-Local to identify employers (and low-tech methods like “driving your car around the neighborhood,” which led to a job for one 48 year old man);
- Detail novel ways to land an interview, with Action Steps that you won’t find online anywhere else for free;
- Include a pre-interview worksheet to structure your research, a daily planner, and a “Gant Chart” that enables you to track your progress;
- Show you how to “start work before you’re hired” and prove your ability by demonstrating your skills right in the interview
Can job hunting be made any easier, methodical or fun?
Yes, I said job hunting can be fun!!!
Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters will show you how to enjoy your job hunt and actually have fun, while you’re taking control of your life.
The future is in your hands.