Kevin’s done a lot right so far and he’s had a job now for quite some time.I’ve just lacked the time to blog about it.So let me tell you how he did his web site and what he did to get on the radar of recruiters and hiring managers once it was done.
Network, network, network >>>> OR no work.
You know the mantra BUT do you embrace it? Do you leverage it? Are making the most of your limited time and resources? These are rhetorical questions because I know that if you’re looking for a job the answer to all three questions is NO!
That’s right if you’re looking for a job you’re doing it wrong OR at least you’re only doing it 1/2 right! And you’re doing it the hard way. Anyone who’s spent more then ten minutes cold-calling employers to try and get an interview knows that it’s hard work. And there is an easier way.
Try being found instead.
The easiest way to be found? Zoom Info. Hands down this tales the least effort as the following video shows. [ Download Zoom info video]
There are 4 million HR managers and 174,932 professional recruiters in America today. Recruiting is a $197 billion business in America. What do you want to bet that right now more than a few thousand of them are looking for someone. Your 1st Law of Interview Strategy exact skill set and experience. The 1st place they’ll go is Zoom Info and make a top 100 list. If you’re not there – you can’t be found – in fact you don’t exist. Then they’ll go to LinkedIn and do the same thing. Then they cross reference the two lists. If you’re on both AND have a picture on Zoom nfo you’ll be one of the 1st ones to be called about the opportunity. Effort? Zero on your part. Result… it could be your dream job.
So if you haven’t already done so go to ZoomInfo today and claim your profile- it’s FREE.
Many people have asked me how they can continue to impress interviewers after their guerrilla resume gets them an interview. It’s easy. Show them that the creativity you used to get their attention spills over into your ever day work life by signing up for a Microsoft Office Live Workspace and make a presentation or folder just for them. You can take them through it during the interview or send them a link to it afterward instead of a tired old “thank you” note. Best of ALL it’s free.
Looking for a new job?[click]
If so, you can be listening to one of the most important job-search audios ever recorded, within 60 seconds … FREE.
Here’s what you’ll discover on this brand-new 60-minute audio seminar, featuring David E. Perry and Kevin Donlin …
- Hear the true story of one woman who walked in off the street, “took a manager to lunch” and got hired … almost before she knew what happened! Best part: You can do exactly the same thing — today!
- Why the “hidden job market” is about to go even further underground in the Recession of 2009-2010 … and how you can benefit. (If you spend any time surfing CareerBuilder, Monster, or other web sites, you MUST know this.)
- Learn to avoid the habits of highly INEFFECTIVE job seekers,
including the mysterious “but-head” (sic) phenomenon that has left
thousands of people mired in unemployment. Don’t let it happen to you,
- How to create your own “board of directors” and supercharge your job search using OPI (Other Peoples’ Ideas). Based on a simple, forgotten method from The Depression that has created millionaires for 72 years.
- Why traditional networking is a total waste of time
– and what to do instead. Hint: It’s a simple mind-shift you will use
to meet more people and get more job leads in 24 hours — or less.
- How deadlines can quickly “trick” your mind into getting you hired — it produced a new job for one woman in only 1 week … after she had been unemployed for 2 years!
- How to “audition” — and get hired for — your ideal job,
just like a contestant on American Idol. You’ll hear the story of how a
humble IT guy with few “people skills” did this in one afternoon. If he
can, so can you!
- How to humanize the job market and stand out to employers … while ordinary job seekers are still waiting for jobs to appear on Monster or CareerBuilder
- How to get hired by “closing the sale”
with employers. You’ll hear the story of one savvy job seeker who was
hired over another candidate because he said something special after
his interview. What was it? (NO special knowledge, experience, or
college degrees required!)
- Why you *must* be relevant to hiring managers — and why they’ll hang up on you if you’re not.
- And much more … click here to get it